We live in a post-Christian society and that’s not going to change anytime soon. It’s up to us, Evangelical Christians who believe in the authority of the Bible to educate ourselves and our families. We can no longer rely on any sense of a broad “Christian” culture helping to keep us focused on how Christians should be in the world, but not of the world.
That being said, I’ve come across some amazing resources that I use daily and weekly to educate myself. I highly encourage you to check out this list and adopt some of these resources in your own families life.
- The Briefing (podcast) – This podcast is a daily analysis of the news through a Christian worldview. It’s BRILLIANT and I highly suggest it for understanding what’s going on in the news.
- Matt Walsh (podcast & blog) – This guy is a little rough around the edges but has great content. It’s great to hear a younger person espousing the Christian thoughts in the society like he does.
- The Cold-Case Christianity Podcast – This podcast is done by a Cold-Case detective who used to be an atheist and goes through some amazing apologetics. Worth a listen! (The book by the same name is excellent as well!)
- Summit Ministry & Christian Worldview Thinking – Summit Ministries is an amazing resource for all Christians in today’s world. They have great books, podcasts, newsletters, resources and more. If you’re not paying attention to what they’re doing, you are missing out.
- RZIM: Just Thinking Broadcast – This is a daily podcast by Apologist, Ravi Zacharias. It can get a little repetitive but it’s got some great episodes that are worth listening to.
- Rainer on Leadership – This is a very practical podcast and blog about church work and successful ministries. I think every church would benefit from its members listening and reading this blog.
- The Babylon Bee – This is The Onion for Christians. It’s hilarious and we need to make sure we keep our sense of humor, so check this one out.
- Your Local Church! – This might be a forgotten resource these days but your local church is the best way for you to keep your faith a daily practice. Of course, your church is what you make it so don’t expect them to do all the work. YOU are your local church, help make it the best resource for your community possible!